25 Stats to Know Before Entering the Workforce
About to start your career? We have complied a list of 25 useful statistics to know! Check out these stats before you enter into your future in the workforce!
1. Between the ages of 18-48 people change jobs an average of 12 times.
2. More than 73% of job seekers are only passively look for jobs.
3. The median income of someone with a bachelors degree is $52,019.
4. Millennials make up half of the workforce.
5. 83% of candidates say it would greatly improve the overall experience if employers provided a clear timeline of the hiring process.
6. About 16 million Americans are self-employed.
7. LinkedIn now has over 30 million companies onLinkedIn with 20 million open job listings. There are 90,000 schools listed on Linkedin. There are 100 million job applications on LinkedIn every month.
8. It takes most recruiters an average of 6 second to revise a candidates resume.
9. The best candidates only have to wait 10 days to find a new job.
10. Only 47% of workers trust that job descriptions accurately depict job responsibilities.
11. 19% of workers admit they have, at some point, turned down a job after signing an official offer but before their first day.
12. According to Gallup, the average expected retirement age is 66 for those who are still working, but the average actual retirement age among current retirees is 61.
13. The median employee tenure for all occupations in the US is 4.2 years.
14. Recognition is the number one thing employees say their manager could give them to inspire them to produce great work.
15. Millennials spend an average of 7.2 hours online per week.
16. Only 2% of applicants will be called for an interview for the average job opening.
17. A recent study by CareerBuilder.com shows that a whopping 58 percent of managers said they didn’t receive any management training.
18. 45% of job seekers say it’s harder to find a job than last year.
19. Across all skill levels, nearly a third of US workers were looking to change jobs in 2019.
20. In 2018, 43% of all open jobs at tech companies on Glassdoor were for non-technical roles.
21. 40% of employers plan to hire full-time, permanent employees this year.
22. American women earn 85 cents on the dollar compared with men, but that gap is narrower among younger workers.
23. 75% of the global workforce will consist of millennials in 2025.
24. Higher levels of education equal higher employment rates.
25. About 43% of millennial females and 36% of millennial males have at least a bachelor's degree.
These are the links that all of the statistics were pulled from.